“I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.” – Sylvia Plath
When Dharma first asked me if I’d like to be a guest blogger, I was honored and excited! All these thoughts of what I’d like to share with you, what I’ve experienced over the past 8 months, and how in the world I got here, swirled in my head. Then, I was tasked with introducing myself. At first, this seemed like a simple enough task, but when I began to put pen to paper, it ended up being quite a bit more challenging than I had originally anticipated.
Why was I so stumped? I love to write! From the time I was little, journaling has been a natural outlet for me to express myself, work through feelings, and scrapbook my life. I usually have quite a bit to say.
It was the looming question that got me.
“Who am I?”
Quite the existential question, no? One that many a person has spent an entire lifetime trying to figure out.
It is one that I am still trying to figure out and the answer can be quite fluid.
So, with that disclaimer, today, here’s what I know so far. J
I am (or try to be)….
- Brave, except when it comes to snakes and spiders. Then, not so much brave as scared. (Here is where that whole trying-to-be thing comes in.)
- Smitten with the ocean, sunshine, green tea, and the smell of coconut.
- Fearless in the kitchen.
- A student of yoga and a teacher-in-training.
- A documentary junkie, with an irrational love for reality dance shows.
- A newlywed, daughter, and friend.
- A bookworm.
- Honest, tempered with kindness.
- A lover of dogs, cats, and a rescuer of strays.
- Not perfect.
- Realizing every day that the more I think I know, the less I actually do.
- On a path that is not always easy, but it is always worth it (even on days when my ego says it isn’t).
- A Yogini-In-Progress.
I hope you’ll join me as I share how in the world I got here, what I’ve experienced over the last 8 months during teacher training and other musings along my yogic journey.
Wishing you love and peace,