(www.etsy.com – potionlady)
In honor of Lady Brigit/St. Brigid this month make a special infused candle with your intention for the year ahead, or make a special yellow and golden candle to help usher in the growing light of the season.
single colored pillar candle (preferably white)
solid color taper candle(s) – favorite color(s), or green and gold for Imbolc
glitter, crushed dried herbs
favorite oil (optional)
parchment paper or wax paper
1. Set pillar candle upright and spread out ingredients on parchment or wax paper
2. Light taper candles to get them melting
3. As taper candles begin to melt, drip their wax onto the top and down the sides of the pillar candle, filling the top of the pillar candle with the wax from the colored taper candles
4. While wax is wet, sprinkle herbs and/or glitter onto the pillar candle. CAUTION: Dried herbs are very flammable. Crush herbs finely to help reduce danger of too much flame when lighting the candle.
5. After wax cools, anoint candle with your intent using your favorite oil. If your intention is something you want to bring into your life, stroke the oil onto the candle in a direction towards you; if your intention is something you want to remove from your life, stroke the oil onto the candle in an outward direction away from you.
6. You may also add herbs and/or glitter onto the oil for a two-layered look.
7. Charge the candle with your intention with an invocation or personal prayer, then light and enjoy.
Prayer to Saint Brigid
You were a woman of peace.
You brought harmony where there was conflict.
You brought light to the darkness.
You brought hope to the downcast.
May the mantle of your peace cover those who are troubled and anxious,
and may peace be firmly rooted in our hearts and in our world.
Inspire us to act justly and to reverence all God has made.
Brigid you were a voice for the wounded and the weary.
Strengthen what is weak within us.
Calm us into a quietness that heals and listens.
May we grow each day into greater wholeness in mind, body and spirit.