Yoga Warriors International Teacher Training certificate program is designed to teach yoga teachers the skills to help alleviate symptoms of combat stress (COSR) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and increase the resilience of critical task performers working in high stress environments, including affected military personnel, caregivers and family members by providing evidence-based yoga practices.
The training is designed to provide advance knowledge and practical tools for yoga teachers working with combat veterans diagnosed with Combat and Operational Stress Reaction (COSR) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
• Understand that PTSD is an anxiety disorder and that the Yoga Warriors International™ Method activates the parasympathetic nervous system.
• Meet veterans that take the Yoga Warriors International™ classes and learn how this special program has changed their lives.
• Learn how Yoga Warriors International™ addresses the military concerns and meets their needs.
• How to introduce a Yoga Warriors International™ class in military facilities and in your community.
• Understand the neurophysiology of PTSD/COSR and corresponding specific treatments within the Yoga Warriors International™ method.
• Understand Hatha yoga postures and sequencing strategies.
• Learn effective pranayama techniques (breathing exercises) to help reduce hyperarousal.
• How to create a safe atmosphere for Yoga Warriors International™ students and how to deal with specific emotional reactions.
• Demonstrate Positive Affirmations and understand the “top-down” and “bottom up” concept within the Yoga Warriors International™ Method.
* Learn how to utilize Restorative Yoga in this therapeutic setting.
Who Should Attend?
This program is open to anyone who is inspired to facilitate healing to those with PTSD or Combat Stress Disorder and to professionals who work with (or would like to work with) active-duty military personnel or veterans.
To receive a Yoga Warriors International™ teacher certificate, you must be a yoga teacher certified at the 200 or 500 hour level. Otherwise, you will receive a “certificate of attendance” stating you have attended the training.
You can become a certified YWI Yoga teacher within 2 years of taking the training after sending a proof of 200 hour Yoga teacher certification to YWI.
Many mental health professionals have found great value in this alternative non-pharmaceutical treatment modality!
A YWI teacher agreement will be sent to each potential Yoga Warriors International™ teacher prior to the training. This agreement must be signed and returned on the first day of your training. The signed teacher agreement and proof of 200 hour teacher training certificate is required before receiving your Yoga Warriors International™ teacher certificate.
$495.00 for the 16-hour, 2 day training
MYCAA Approved School for Military OneSource
100 page Manual and Yoga Warriors International™ Teaching Certificate or Certificate of Attendance, use of Trademark **16 CEUs offered by the National Yoga Alliance **16 Social Work continuing education contact hours from the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886630123-1975)
How to Book A Training in Your Area
**This program is approved by Yoga Alliance for 16 CEUs and is also approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886630123-1975) for 16 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
This program is approved by Yoga Alliance for 16 CEUs and is also approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886630123-1975) for 16 Social Work continuing education contact hours.